You know how sometimes, the services you love just disappear when they’re bought by someone else? Or they wither and die a slow and painful death? Not the case here. We made sure of that.
The founder of Automattic, Matt Mullenweg, has been a long-time Simplenote fan. We first met him in 2010 before we joined Y Combinator, and we’ve kept in touch since. Fred and I will never forget the surprise Matt casually unleashed shortly after we decided to join forces. “Hey, by the way…we also bought simplenote.com from the people who were squatting it.” How’s that for a vote of confidence? We finally own simplenote.com!
In joining Automattic, we’re working with more resources and a growing, complementary…
View original post 227 more words
Merry band of comrades seeks nice, hard-working, diligent, motivated, fun-loving people to join their mission: to democratize publishing and make WordPress.com the best it can be. Work with us.
Last year at Automattic (WordPress.com’s parent company) we hired 48 people:
- 19 developers/systems folk — those who write code and make sure servers are running.
- 14 Happiness Engineers — those who support our users in the forums and answer requests for help.
- 6 themers and designers who create beautiful themes and sites.
- 8 in business and operations — those who work internally with Automatticians and with our VIPs.
- 2 in editorial curating Freshly Pressed, and inspiring bloggers to keep on blogging.
We expect to hire 60 new Automatticians in 2013. We’re a distributed company: Automatticians work from home, their local coffee shop, co-working spaces — the location in the world where they’re most comfortable and productive. Our hiring pool…
View original post 130 more words